|Custom Search||What’s My Home Worth?|
Who wants a DEAL?!?!?!
This is one of the pages that was the most fun to write.
Since I got my license in 1993, one of my favorite things to do was see if I could figure out how to make the MLS show me the best deals available without scrolling through every listing in the system.
This was harder back when the MLS had lesser ability to execute text string searches and there were fewer fields to query. As time has gone on and the MLS has increased its capabilities, it has gotten a bit easier … provided you know how to look.
“Richmond Area REO”
Here are some of the obvious ones that indicate some type of opportunity. I have several more that I can program into a specialty search if you would like. If you’d like me to create a custom search for you, just use our special request page or call me at 804.201.9683.
Here are the four major ‘Good Deal’ searches I typically mine with my clients:
- Motivated Sellers — This search seeks homes for which the realtor is using key words that say ‘bring us a lowball offer’
- As-is Property — Here I target target properties with known flaws (and thus potential opportunities for ‘sweat equity’) or disconnected sellers
- Short Sales — Sometimes great deals can be found in short sales. They’re always a pain, but I’m game if you are!
- Foreclosures — With the economy in the condition it is in and the housing market still struggling to find its legs, the Foreclosure has almost become an asset class all of its own.
- Additional Parcel — Want to build your new home but want to build it in an older neighborhood? Here may be your chance.
- Less than $50 per foot — Sometimes ‘fixer uppers’ and other good deals can be found by screening for homes listed at lower price-per-foot ratios
- $50-$70 per foot — Here’s a list of slightly-more-expensive-but-still-low price points