As an example:
- “Unique” means “weird”
- “Professionally decorated” means “won’t match your stuff”
- “Needs TLC” means “beat up severely”
- “Sloped” means “lot is on the edge of a cliff”
- “Waterview” means “if you get on a ladder on top of the chimney in winter you may be able to see the edge of the creek”
You get the picture.
On this page, we have set the searches to find certain key words that indicate a seller has thrown up their hands and is announcing that they are in need of a contract pretty badly. While they may or may not be a short sale (you can find those here), these searches pick up on key words that say bring us a lowball offer.
One-Click ‘Motivated Seller’ Searches 1
- Motivated Sellers less than $250k
- Motivated Sellers between $250k and $400k
- Motivated Sellers over $400k
1 Please understand that the results shown here are based on a parsing of the listing Realtor’s remarks and in no way represent that the seller will undertake any specific action. However, it has been my experience that these searches capture phrases in the ‘remarks’ section of an MLS listing that indicate a higher willingness to negotiate than properties that do not have these phrases. Nevertheless, no warranties, either express or implied, are represented with respect to a specific outcome.